Every 12th Sunday, instead of having church, we go out and BE THE CHURCH.
2 DAY EVENT:
SATURDAY & SUNDAY
There is a misconception that the church consists of 4 walls, bricks, and mortar. This couldn’t be farther from the truth. The church is a body of people (Romans 12:5). The church is you and me. We can be the church anytime and anywhere. To show that we are serious about this, we live it out by sacrificing our typical Sunday service to put our hands to the plow and our money where our mouth is.
Every 12th Sunday, instead of having church, we go out and BE the church. We do this by practically serving and loving our neighbors through projects in our communities. Sometimes we pick up paintbrushes and shovels. Sometimes we hold neighborhood events. Sometimes we spend time with our neighbors building relationships.
Saturday, August 15th Projects
1. 9am -12pm: McLaughlin Park w/ 1M City Serve (free lunch provided at 12:30pm)
2. 1pm -4pm: McLaughlin Park w/ 1M City Serve (free lunch provided at 12:30pm)
3. 10am-1pm: Family Promise (Flooring Project)
Sunday, August 16th Projects
1. 9am-12pm: Steele Neighborhood Clean Up
2. 9am-12pm: Family Promise (Flooring Project)
3. 9am-12pm: Community Encompass House Rehab (inside/outside work. dress for construction)
4. (Pending) Muskegon Middle School
To sign up for what you want do or need more information about Every 12th, contact Pastor Jim at Jim@jroadchurch.org